BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Site Updates > New Chat Service

Odinspack
Administrator

So I've changed the chat service. We will no longer be using Chatango, instead we will use an IRC Client known as Kiwi IRC, under the Rizon server. I don't really know all the details, but something I do know is that this will allow me to moderate and have much more control over it than Chatango.

I think it looks really nice, only downside I suppose is that it's not in the sidebar anymore. However, the plus side is that having multiple windows open isn't gonna make you have like 5 versions of yourself. The chatbox obviously is much larger now as well. You can also easily see who is online, on the list alongside the right. This client also doesn't require flash or anything, you can view this off your phone if you wanted to.

There are instructions on how to setup an account for it on the bottom of the Chat page. You can go there by clicking here or for future use clicking the "Chat" tab in the top bar. When you setup an account, lemme know and depending on who you are you might get some powers or something. Something to recognize that when you login, you are who you are. :P

Hopefully we get the chat going steady like it used to. This is a great step I feel, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Thanks once again to ShadowMarioXLI who helped set this up, he also runs one of these channels that I'm also around in. You can type in "/join #41andfriends" to get in that and have both chat channels up. :P

Enjoy!

-Mr. Spack

--

August 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Yeah so an update on this. I got rid of the Kiwi IRC cause no one used it or liked it. Well no one gave it a chance, regardless. :P

I brought back Chatango! I also moved it way up the sidebar cause let's be real it was one of the main attractions of the site. On the homepage it'll be situated right beside the stream window so hopefully one day we can just chat using that instead of Twitch chat. Sound good?

--

January 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.