BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Retro's Wii U Title

IlluWeaver

So, I know many of us are interested and excited about Retro's mysterious title in development for the Wii U.  Rumors have been circulated for some time as to whether it could be the revamping of an old series, such as Star Fox or F-Zero, similar to their success with Donkey Kong Country Returns.  Or, perhaps, it's Metroid Prime 4.   However, a recent video from IGN seems to hint that the game is in fact an entirely new IP.    As much as I'd love to see them revive another series, I'd be very curious to see what Retro might come up with the reins loosened, so to speak.  What do you guys think?  Thoughts?  Hopes?

Check out more info here!

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

May 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Helfinator

For some reason I remember reading somewhere that they're working on an FPS, but the reliability of that source/my memory is quite iffy. But personally I haven't had me a good Star Fox game in a while, so I'm really hoping I get my Star Fox fix. however if it's a new IP I think we should expect something in the realm of Banjo Kazooie 'cause the bulk of the guys who left Rare (the guys who created Banjo and the other games that made them a power house) work at Retro.

--

May 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator
TM mentioned in the podcast that they could be making a new StarTropics. I don't know where he heard this from but if that's true then that is awesome. If they have a new IP, I agree with Helf. A new Banjo-esque game would be cool.
--

May 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Helfinator

Now, I'm just throwin this out there right now. If Retro has been working on Rad Gravity 2 I will personally buy Odin a copy and send it to him free of charge with a Get-Well Card. 'Cause let's face it, if they announce that Retro is working on Rad Gravity Odin WILL have a heart attack. :P

--

May 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.