BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > PlayStation 4

Odinspack
Administrator

It's coming! PS4 was announced last night (February 20th, 2013) and if you'd like to view the replay of the stream just click the link below. According to the stream, it will launch Holiday 2013.

PlayStation 4 Announcement Live Stream (Replay)

I'm pretty excited, not really for PS4 but for the fact that the next generation is here. I dunno what system(s) I'll end up picking up, and obviously we haven't seen the next Xbox yet. Of course, the Wii U is already out as well. What are your thoughts?

--

February 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised that Sony decided to have a special conference to announce the PS4.  I rather thought they would wait until E3 to unveil it.  That being said, I'm excited for the PS4.  However, I want to hear a bit more about the specs for the system before I make any judgements, and I doubt I'll pick one up at release. I certainly hope they won't dick around with backwards-compatibility like they did with the PS3.  I do like that it seems they're already thinking of ways to connect with the Vita (something I feel Nintendo has been slacking on).

The big thing that I think comes out of this conference doesn't really have to do with Sony at all. Most sources speculated that Sony's unveiling would be dependent on whether Microsoft would reveal the new Xbox or not at E3.  With Sony now having announced the PS4 first, the ball now rests in Microsoft's court.  Will they wait until E3 to unveil their next gen console?  Will they announce a new console at all (highly unlikely at this point)?

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

February 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Helfinator

IlluWeaver at February 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised that Sony decided to have a special conference to announce the PS4.  I rather thought they would wait until E3 to unveil it.  That being said, I'm excited for the PS4.  However, I want to hear a bit more about the specs for the system before I make any judgements, and I doubt I'll pick one up at release. I certainly hope they won't dick around with backwards-compatibility like they did with the PS3.  I do like that it seems they're already thinking of ways to connect with the Vita (something I feel Nintendo has been slacking on).

The big thing that I think comes out of this conference doesn't really have to do with Sony at all. Most sources speculated that Sony's unveiling would be dependent on whether Microsoft would reveal the new Xbox or not at E3.  With Sony now having announced the PS4 first, the ball now rests in Microsoft's court.  Will they wait until E3 to unveil their next gen console?  Will they announce a new console at all (highly unlikely at this point)?

something that I thought was really funny was that you can play PS4 games on the Vita. So, in short they have an excuse for that sorry thing's existance. Hey it doesn't have any games dedicated to it but you can play games for another system on it :D. . . I smh at you Sony :P

--

February 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.