BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > What Are You Playing? > Xenoblade

Laharl

I dunno if this topic is supposed to go here, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it so >_>

Anybody here ever play Xenoblade? Its got a lot of hype surrounding it on how good it is, and my friend keeps telling me how amazing it is. I'm thinking of getting it myself come payday. Can anyone recommend it or tell me any experiences they've had with it?

--

July 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator
I forgot it had released to be honest. I think I'm gonna wait for The Last Story and pick that up.
--

July 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laharl

Odinspack at July 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I forgot it had released to be honest. I think I'm gonna wait for The Last Story and pick that up.

Oooh, that looks really good too! I'm glad to see the Wii getting quality RPG's. I only mention Xenoblade because everyone I know keeps talking about it, even Chuggaconroy, who I only watched for Super Paper Mario.

--

July 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

andrew6d6

Just to give a small review of xenoblade since I have it. It is a great game with a good battle system and a wide variety of battle situations. The only problems that I have with it are as follows. The england voice actors did a horrible job. Some people cannot stand listening to them say the same things over and over. Another problem I have with it is that after a boss battle or simi boss battle there is not one long cutscene but like 3 almost every single time. You can skip text but first time through you sit through cutscenes more than actually playing. The next thing I have trouble with is all the stinking menus. If you play this game play it on a big tv. I only have a 35 inch screen and looking at small icons hurts the eyes. Speaking of menus the screen is a bit cluttered as well with health bars task bars and other things. Yes it is real time battle but the layout for the stuff for battles is set up akward and very hard to look at for long periods. These are only the bad parts I have found about the game. Now all the awaited good things.

Okay. The battle system is amazing not to mention the graphics and the cutscenes are exactly what I expected and are completly crisp. The battles never get old and are always as difficult as the next. The storyline is really really really good. If you want a game with a good story this is the game for you. I will not spoil anything about the game in that regard but I will say the story kept me going while playing the game. The item system and collections throughout the game were very detailed. I always found myself trying to fill out every page of collectable items and tried to get all the unique items in the game. I wish I had the time to explain the battle system but there is way to much to talk about. The only way I can explain it is for you to experience it for yourself. Yes Chugga loves this game to death and I can understand why. The beutiful graphics along with a great storyline with a battle system that always keeps you thinking about how to beat whatever you facing. Not to mention there really isn't alot of grinding in this game. (I have only played throught the game on normal so there might be for higher levels) If you have any questions or comments about what I have said message me or post under this. I hope this answers any of your questions Laharl and Odin.

July 3, 2012 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.