BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Wreck-It Ralph

TMSonic1228
Administrator

A movie coming out in November of this year, features Bowser, Eggman, Qbert and many, many more.

...It also looks fantastic...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1225001p1.html

--

June 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Oh man, this looks great! It's great to see all these different franchaises coming together for a movie like this, hopefully we see alot of hero characters as well as villains. I'm expecting an appearance from Mario voiced by Charles Martinet.

--

June 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

This movie looks absolutely fantastic.  I've heard many people compare it to Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and if it can be anywhere close to the love letter that movie was, it will be a smash hit.  Very excited.

I have a bit of slightly off-topic but relevant information.  Activision and Disney Interactive are working together to create an arcade-style sidescroller to be released alongside the game for the Wii, DS, and 3DS.  The game will be a 'story extension', picking up where the film leaves off, and has the players fighting off a Cy-Bug invasion.   Players will use Ralph's strength to defeat the enemies, while also taking on the role of Fix-It Felix to repair the damage.  The Wii version will also allow co-op play between the two characters.

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

June 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Another note with this game that I find particularily cool: Disney has released a flash version of Fix It Felix Jr., the game in which Ralph resides.   You can play it here.  Personally, I think it's a pretty fun game with lots of nods to Donkey Kong.

--

June 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator
Well now that the movie is in theatres did anyone see it? I thought it was fantastic and all the references were well placed. Also we need these games to exist as real arcade cabinets now. I know they've made Fix-it Felix Jr. now they need the other 2.
--

November 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

I saw the movie about a week after it came out, and I thought it was very charming.  There were quite a few nice references, as Odin mentioned, and the story, while a touch generic, was heartwarming and stood up on its own merits well enough.  This definately was a counter to the long stream of bad videogame movies.  

I agree that they need to make full versions of the games from the film.  Sadly, I heard the game based on the movie was not very good.  A shame given the high potential the source material provided.

--

November 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Reviving an older topic here, but release dates for the home version of Wreck-It Ralph have been announced.

You can purchase the digital copy (2D or 3D) on February 12th. However, the physical copy won't be available to purchase until March 5th.

--

January 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.