BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > PAX East 2013

IlluWeaver

Since I've heard a few people talking about wanting to go to this next year, I figured I'd go ahead and post up a thread for meetups/general expo info/etc.  Yes, I know this is ridiculously early in advance.  I also know that with a convention like this, things should be planned sooner rather than later :P

PAX East 2013 has been confirmed for March 22-24 at the at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.   Registration for badges and hotels are not open yet, but I will keep tabs on when they go up.

So, who's excited for this?  Who plans on going?  I personally haven't decided yet, but my arm might be twisted if enough people I want to meet will be around >.>  

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

April 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Metalskunk

I may go, but it depends on what exactly my schedule looks like for that weekend. It's really hard to tell what you'll be doing in a year with school and work. XD

--

April 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

I'm for sure, without a doubt, 100% going to PAX East 2013. I know quite a few people coming as well, but just in case they can't make it I won't go posting who.

We certainly need to do a live podcast, that would be pretty fun (and I'm sure hectic). I have so many ideas, I really can't wait. Just need to get my hands on an HD Camcorder... :P

--

April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Snackattack8

I would absolutely love to go to PAX East 2013, but I'm not sure how much money I'll have, and what will be going on schoolwise, so I'll put myself down as a "maybe". It's a big "maybe" though, as I've always wanted to go to a gaming convention, would really like to get to meet some other LPers in person, and just generally get super jealous every time I even watch videos of people at PAX :P

Hopefully everything will work out, and I'll be able to join you guys come next March! It'd really be a lot of fun!

--

April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

So, I meant to update this topic far more than I actually have.  Sorry about that, all ^-^;

First off, PAX East badges are on sale and have been for a bit.  Three-day bages have sold out (they did so in 24 hours), but individual day passes are still avaliable.  It's $35 per day, and I would recommend getting them sooner rather than later if you are going and haven't purchased a badge.  Saturday badges in particular are getting low.

Second off, PAX has partnered with onPeak to provide a list of discounted, PAX affiliated hotels in Boston.  You can find more information under the hotel and travel tab at east.paxsite.com  As far as flights go, I personally recommend checking out sights like Kayak or Expedia, but know that many 'budget' airlines such as Southwest or Jet Blue tend to only list their flights on their own websites.  

Third, I've been trying to gather a list of people on the forums who are attending PAX in March.  This is what I have know so far (let me know if this is wrong).

Attending: IlluWeaver, Odinspack33, BlueBlazingDemon, Shotz, Laharl

Maybe Attending: Metalskunk, Snackattack8

Not Attending: TMSonic1228, michika, Helfinator

--

November 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Ok, so this is less of an update and more of a question for you all.  Where are people staying for PAX?  I've been perusing the options, and my list is narrowed down to a couple hotels, but I wasn't sure where other people were going to be.  If anyone needs a place, I'd be open to the idea of room sharing too.   Just wondering ^-^;

--

November 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

So... it's over. :(

I'll try to post links to videos and pictures as I upload them/find them. It was a ton of fun! If you have anything to share post here!

--

March 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.