BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > What Are You Playing? > Zenonia

Odinspack
Administrator

If you've listened to the podcast lately, you'd hear me talking about this game. According to Helf, this is a 4 game series on iDevices but only the 1st one is on the 3DS/DSi (which is what I've been playing it on).

It's really cool, a Secret of Mana meets Diablo 2 kinda game. It's graphics resemble something you'd see on the SNES, and combat really feels like SoM just without the charge gauge. However, it's got a skill tree system similar to Diablo 2 where you'll level up and need prerequisite skills to learn the new ones.

Story is pretty meh, it's certainly no Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI. But the combat has kept me hooked, it's alot of fun. The bosses get increasingly easier, no joke. Might have something to do with some of the skills you get later, but I struggled alot more on earlier encounters than later ones.

So it's gonna run you $7.99/800 points if you want this on your Nintendo handheld. If you want a fun RPG on the go I'd say go for it, but hopefully we see some either better priced or better developed RPGs in the future.

So this was kinda like a review. Wasn't really going for that. But yeah, there ya go.

--

February 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

One extra note: I just beat the game, worst ending I've seen in a long time. The final boss was super easy. Maybe I was just too powerful, but really.

--

February 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xenonia11

They stole my name... :/

February 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Metalskunk

It couldn't have been any worse than Halo 2's ending. :P

--

February 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.