BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Little Big Racing

IlluWeaver

Canadian vendor Future Outlet has reported the announcement of a new chapter in the popular Little Big Planet series for the PS3.  According to them, Sony announced during its Destination Retailer event in Arizona that it is developing a racing game using the Little Big Planet world.  The game would be released for the PS3 with 3D support.  A second tweet from the retailer added that a steering wheel for the Playstation Move would also be developed for the game.

Personally, I like this announcement.  If you couldn't tell from my christmas gift list, I am a huge fan of the LBP series.  I think a racing game is a natural progression for the series given the variety of minigames developed for it, and Sony has done decently with racing games in the past (ie. Modnation Racers).  I do hope their wheel accesory does better than the Wii wheel, though.

More info here

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

February 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ToadPatrol

Sounds fun. I've yet to play LBP2 but thouroughly enjoyed the first game in the series.

--

There's Pineapple for everybody!!

February 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Sony has officially confirmed Little Big Planet Karting for the PS3.  It will be developed by United Front Games, the same people who did ModNation Racers.  The game will feature "adventurous karting expeditions" such as "objective-based missions, boss battles and mini-games" as well as the customization the series is known for.

Have a look here

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

March 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.