BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > The Community Corner > What Are You Hoping For/ Looking Forward To In The Coming Year?

Helfinator

Personally I am looking forward to E3 2012 cause since Microsoft doesn't see anything wrong with Rare developing games for the 3DS, I am hoping for a Banjo-Threeie anouncement or the anouncement of a game that will blow everyone's minds from Nintendo, like the Skyward Sword anouncement last year, at E3.

--

January 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Well, I'm looking forward to Kid Icarus: Uprising on 3DS. Hopefully it'll be sweet, cause the online fighting looks like it's a blast. Diablo III needs to be released already, I'm uber-pumped for that.

Can't wait for the Wii U (or is it WiiU), but that'll be awhile considering Holiday 2012 is quite awhile away. E3 should be a good one, maybe Microsoft or Sony might have a new console waiting in the wings. Although I just got the PS3, I hope there's at least one more year before those announcements.

As always, Rad Gravity remake/sequel would be awesome. Never gonna happen, but one can hope.

--

January 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Snackattack8

I'd definitely like to see a new Sony or Microsoft console at least show off a new console, or hint as to what might be coming up, and I'm really excited to see more details surface about the Wii U, as right now there's still not too much known about it. Every year, I look forward to seeing what Nintendo's got in store for us, as there's usually some big reveal that I'll get excited for. For instance, I'd love to see the announcement of Pikmin 3 as a Wii U launch title (I've been waiting too long for that), and I'm always hopeful that they'll announce a new IP with the launch of every system, so there's that too

Other than that, it seems like it's gonna be a great year for RPGs, with Final Fantasy XIII-2, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS, Fire Emblem 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles being high on my list of games to pick up. I'm also really excited to see the 3DS pick up even more speed, and hope it continues to grow even more than it already has.

One more thing I'd really like to see is an actual release date for The Last Guardian. I don't even have a PS3 to play it on, but I really just want to see that game come out :P

--

January 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Helfinator

Odinspack at January 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Well, I'm looking forward to Kid Icarus: Uprising on 3DS. Hopefully it'll be sweet, cause the online fighting looks like it's a blast. Diablo III needs to be released already, I'm uber-pumped for that.

Can't wait for the Wii U (or is it WiiU), but that'll be awhile considering Holiday 2012 is quite awhile away. E3 should be a good one, maybe Microsoft or Sony might have a new console waiting in the wings. Although I just got the PS3, I hope there's at least one more year before those announcements.

As always, Rad Gravity remake/sequel would be awesome. Never gonna happen, but one can hope.

look on the bright side Odin, with Nintendo doing retro remakes of games you never know they might pull that one out of their hat :P

--

January 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

manOwar456

Personaly i am really looking forward to Resident Evil Opperation Raccoon City. I know it really isn't a true resident evil game since there is really no horror there but it still looks like a ton of fun. Also the new Twisted Metal and Max Payne 3.

January 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Well, first off, I am totally excited about all of the games slated for 3DS release this year.  Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 really showed to me what 3D can add to the gaming experience, and I'm curious to see how Nintendo will use it in other gaming genres.

I'm also very curious to see what Sony will do with the Vita this year.  So far, the specs on the system haven't convinced me that it's a match for the 3DS, or even that large of a jump from the PSP, but I'm willing to give Sony a chance to impress me with their releases for it.

One of the big surprises to me last year was the announcement of a new Sly Cooper, and I hope to see more on that at E3.  

Surprisingly, I'm not very hyped about the Wii U release.  Yes, it is a big deal, but I don't see the system as nearly as revolutionary as the Wii was.  Maybe Nintendo will change my mind on that.   I am, however, excited to see Nintendo pick up more third-party games with the Wii U and want to see more announcements in that vein this year. 

Overall, this should be a great year for gaming.

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

January 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.