BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Fire Emblem 3DS

IlluWeaver

This isn't exactly new news, but Nintendo announced a new edition to the Fire Emblem series for the 3DS at the 2011 Tokyo Game Show.  It's planned to be released in the first half of 2012 and is the first original story since Radiant Dawn.  The game features two-on-one battles and the return of an explorable world map as in Sacred Stones.  

Personally, I'm very excited by this game.  I only recently found the Fire Emblem series, and I'm not a huge turn-based strategy fan, but the plots of each game in the series keep drawing me in.  I'm glad they're continuing on with the series rather than remaking more of the old games too.  

More info here

--

~Weaving a web of time and illusions~

December 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Snackattack8

I've only recently got into the series, and I've only played Fire Emblem (GBA), Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn, but I'm definitely a fan, as I find it very deep and incredibly addicting. We have to remember that this series doesn't always see releases outside of Japan, but the Fire Eblem name has been catching on more lately, and seeing as how the 3DS needs new titles of different genres, I'm thinking it'll probably be localized. I'm pretty excited about this, and if it does get a US release, I'll probably be picking it up :P

--

December 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Sweet, Fire Emblem is a great series and it's good to hear we're finally get a new installment of it. Hopefully it gets released over here.

I've mentioned this in the podcast briefly, but if you like Fire Emblem I recommend getting Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS. It's formula is almost identical to that of Fire Emblem, only difference is it takes place in modern times.

--

December 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

Some new footage of Fire Emblem 3DS, it's up on Gametrailers. Also, you can click the link below for it. :P

Gametrailers.com Video

--

January 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Well, the trailer definately makes me excited for the game.  I really like some of  the new ideas they're implementing into the game, such as what seems to be combined attacks, and the return of the open map.  Thanks for sharing, Odin!

--

January 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

So, I have several updates regarding this game.  Apologies in advance for the text spam.

First, Fire Emblem: Awakening will be localized in North America and released sometime in 2013.

Second, this game sees the return of the support system ala Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance.  However, the game also sees the return of the lover system from Fire Emblem 4, which allows players to create romances between different characters and eventually use their children in battle.  Yes, this game also sees the return of multi-generation units; however, this is due to time travel being involved in the plot if memory serves.

Finally, Nintendo has stated that it will be localizing and releasing the additional characters (from past games) and their special chapters as paid content.

Overall, this game is looking to be fantastic.  I cannot wait for its official NA release!

--

June 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

Good news, everyone!  Fire Emblem: Awakening has an official North America release date.  Look for it to hit the shelves on February 4th.  So excited~

--

December 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

The official demo for Fire Emblem Awakening is now out on the 3DS shop, for anyone who isn't sick of hearing me talk about this game ^-^;

--

January 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

I've played the demo for the game, and I can't wait for this to launch. I dunno if I'll get it on the launch date, but probably sometime in February. Can't wait!

--

January 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

So, one thing I've neglected to mention with this game as I haven't fully confirmed it yet it the existence of online multiplayer ala Shadow Dragon.  By this, I mean a competitive multiplayer wherein players can choose a loadout of characters and battle each other.  Something to think about...

--

January 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IlluWeaver

I have a quick update for anyone who's looking to pick up the game but can't find it due to its very small release (which, I've heard, was due to underestimation from the lack of pre-orders).  The full game is avaliable for purchase on the Nintendo eShop, and GameStop also appears to be selling digital download codes for the game.  I know it's not the physical copy that some people love to have, but it is a nice alternative, especially since the release was so small.  

--

February 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.