BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > New 3DS Peripheral: A Steering-Wheel

Laharl

(I hope this is the right place for this >_>)

So yesterday my roommate showed me this picture of a new peripheral for the 3DS: A steering wheel. It is to be released alongside Mario Kart 7, since Mario Kart 7 features gyroscopic driving features. People were already complaining about the extra thumbstick add-on, which I don't understand why people hate so much. (How else would you play Luigi's Mansion 2?) But this peripheral to me just seems kinda silly. And while I don't usually agree with news sources, I did agree with the article in which I read which said the wheel does take away from the idea of the 3DS being handheld.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.1up.com/news/3ds-wheel-mario-kart-7 (Here's the article as well as some pictures.)

--

October 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

The 3DS is the new Wii Mote! :P In all seriousness, it looks weird ^.- Is it suppost to look like a motor or a half wheel? Oh well, I will play Mario Kart 7 the classic way with buttons and joystick... when i get a 3DS xP

--

October 27, 2011 at 2:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

blueblazingdemon
Administrator

Okay guys, first thing is that the article shows and tells you that nintendo is not making this, but a 3rd party company named Hori-made is making it and nintendo gave them the green light to do so and licensed it.

Now as for my opinion on this is that I rlly like it. I loved the wii-wheel and I hope I like this. Only downsides for me is that my big hands might not fit it and I don't see myself taking this in pubic xD I feel this is a really cool thing for playing at home, but is a bad idea for portability. Now I know this pulls away from the idea of portable gaming, but remember this is a perphial that isn't required whats so ever. All it does is enhance the gyroscope technology and I can appreciatte this accessory. Now will I buy it, ehhhhhhhh probably not cause I don't want to spend more money, but if I had infinite money I would do it with no thought.

All I am trying to say is that yes this a periphial that does take away from portability, but its not required and it will probably just be another product on gamestops wall of accessories with all the other knock off periphials so no need to get upset with the move from nintendo and hori.

October 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

blueblazingdemon at October 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Okay guys, first thing is that the article shows and tells you that nintendo is not making this, but a 3rd party company named Hori-made is making it and nintendo gave them the green light to do so and licensed it.

Now as for my opinion on this is that I rlly like it. I loved the wii-wheel and I hope I like this. Only downsides for me is that my big hands might not fit it and I don't see myself taking this in pubic xD I feel this is a really cool thing for playing at home, but is a bad idea for portability. Now I know this pulls away from the idea of portable gaming, but remember this is a perphial that isn't required whats so ever. All it does is enhance the gyroscope technology and I can appreciatte this accessory. Now will I buy it, ehhhhhhhh probably not cause I don't want to spend more money, but if I had infinite money I would do it with no thought.

All I am trying to say is that yes this a periphial that does take away from portability, but its not required and it will probably just be another product on gamestops wall of accessories with all the other knock off periphials so no need to get upset with the move from nintendo and hori.

I'm not really upset, but it's for a handheld, so it's kinda meant to be taken everywhere and like you already pointed out, it would look silly if you were using that wheel in public :P I just find it an odd idea to make that. Is the 3DS not big enough to hold it for the gyroscope then? Just silly 3rd party companies again xP

--

October 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laharl

Huh? I'm not complaining in the slightest. I just think it's silly and that I wanted everyones thoughts on it. Sorry if I came off as complain-y D:

--

October 27, 2011 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.