BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Blizzard continues giving insane prices for services.

Clankio

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3162540/Guild_Services_Coming_Soon_to_Europe-26_10_2011#blog

Once again, Blizzard continues offering basic services for OUTLANDish (get it? :P) prices!

Quote from the Q&A:

When purchased individually, the Guild Master Faction Change costs £30 GBP/$40 US, the Guild Master Realm Transfer costs £25 GBP/$35 US, and the Guild Name Change costs £15 GBP/$20 US. You will receive a bundle discount when purchasing Guild Transfer and Faction Change in the same transaction, £50 GBP/$65 US. In addition, one Guild Name Change is free with the purchase of either a Guild Master Faction Change or Guild Master Realm Transfer. All sales of guild services are final — no refunds will be given once a purchase is made.

Your guild members remain in the original guild. The original guild will be reset to level 1 and will not retain its guild bank or any of its achievements, reputation, or progression. You will also select a new Guild Master from the guild roster to replace you after your character leaves. Your guild members will be eligible to follow you to the guild’s new location by performing their own character service (such as a Character Transfer). If they do so, they will automatically rejoin the guild and retain their guild reputation.

Guild members who plan to transfer to the guild’s new location should not quit the original guild — otherwise, they will not regain their guild reputation after transferring to guild’s new location.

Character Transfer costs £15.00 GBP/$25.00 USD per character.

Do you think that is fair or unfair to have to pay almost the same price as a new Wii game to just transfer to another server with your guild?

--

October 26, 2011 at 3:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Laharl

Blizzard's been pretty good at asking for unrealistic prices for a while now. While I do agree those prices are OUTLANDish (har.) you can't deny that blizzard knows how to make money. Like how the whole "buy a vanity pet that you can only pay money for!" thing seems to be making them a fortune. And that's one thing I hate about Blizard: They run their MMO's almost like they're free to play. You have to pay to play their game, but at the same time you don't have access to everything because you have to spend extra for that.

While I won't deny that Blizzards games are fun, I don't like the idea of having to spend extra money for stuff like that when I pay a $15 subscription. I was considering keeping my subscription, but after seeing these kinds of things, I'll probably leave. And it's not because of the new expansion, either (I actually think the new expansion looks pretty cool, but that's another topic itself XD )

--

October 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

Laharl at October 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Blizzard's been pretty good at asking for unrealistic prices for a while now. While I do agree those prices are OUTLANDish (har.) you can't deny that blizzard knows how to make money. Like how the whole "buy a vanity pet that you can only pay money for!" thing seems to be making them a fortune. And that's one thing I hate about Blizard: They run their MMO's almost like they're free to play. You have to pay to play their game, but at the same time you don't have access to everything because you have to spend extra for that.

While I won't deny that Blizzards games are fun, I don't like the idea of having to spend extra money for stuff like that when I pay a $15 subscription. I was considering keeping my subscription, but after seeing these kinds of things, I'll probably leave. And it's not because of the new expansion, either (I actually think the new expansion looks pretty cool, but that's another topic itself XD )

Hehe, i know the feeling. I have been playing WoW since the beginning, but Blizzard lately has been a real moneyhungry company. I was always blaming Activision, but lately, it's really Blizzard making those retarded ideas of asking prices that are higher than the subscribion for services that are automatic.

I'm planning to quit after 1 last month. Then i will get Skyrim and move on to SWTOR with my girlfriend and friends. Hopely Bioware wont be as evil as Blizzard is now ><

--

October 27, 2011 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WikkoSco

I agree with this completely. imo, Blizzard has become as big-headed with WoW as Activision has with CoD (thinking they can charge whatever they want for a game because of the player count) and it really is a shame how moneyhungry Blizzard is now, since they made some awesome games in the past. I'm not saying that they won't be able to make great games anymore, but with how moneyhungry they seem to be now, the quality will probably to drop off in future projects if history has shown us anything (once again, I use CoD as an example)

I'll probably move to SWTOR if I can afford to, but with Skyrim and Saints Row and BF3, it might not be played as much...

--

I'm only humble when I'm not being a smartass.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WikkoScoLPs

My site:http://indiependantgames.webs.com/

October 27, 2011 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

WikkoSco at October 27, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I agree with this completely. imo, Blizzard has become as big-headed with WoW as Activision has with CoD (thinking they can charge whatever they want for a game because of the player count) and it really is a shame how moneyhungry Blizzard is now, since they made some awesome games in the past. I'm not saying that they won't be able to make great games anymore, but with how moneyhungry they seem to be now, the quality will probably to drop off in future projects if history has shown us anything (once again, I use CoD as an example)

I'll probably move to SWTOR if I can afford to, but with Skyrim and Saints Row and BF3, it might not be played as much...

Yeah, i think Blizzard has been looking too much at Activision since they joined together.

Also, you got a whole month till SWTOR :P Then again, Skyrim and Saints Row 3... Hmmm, ok, i see your point xP

Oh well, if you're still looking for a guild, just click on my SWTOR guild link below in my signature ;) (Oh, i'm so clever x3)

--

October 27, 2011 at 3:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

blueblazingdemon
Administrator

Okay I looked at the article and must admit the price is obsurd, but I am used to that from Blizzard in WOW. Now I do not agree with you guys on the fact that blizzard is going to let their other series slip. I play starcraft 2 on a weekly basis and have to say it is amazing and still has the amazing updates and everything and I don't pay a dime for them.

Now I know the arguement is, well if you get all of that for free y can't wow be free. Well the only reason why starcraft 2 gets amazing updates for free is because of the money they make from WOW. You guys might say that blizzard is going to let their series slip when I totally disagree because all the money helps them keep their other games up to date for free. Also the reason why they have WOW be their cash cow is because there are millions of naive people and its easy to get money from them xD

So ultimately, No I don't like the price, but don't make such bold statements that Blizzard will let there other series slip because they now have lots of money, when from a business stand point that makes no sense.

October 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

blueblazingdemon at October 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Okay I looked at the article and must admit the price is obsurd, but I am used to that from Blizzard in WOW. Now I do not agree with you guys on the fact that blizzard is going to let their other series slip. I play starcraft 2 on a weekly basis and have to say it is amazing and still has the amazing updates and everything and I don't pay a dime for them.

Now I know the arguement is, well if you get all of that for free y can't wow be free. Well the only reason why starcraft 2 gets amazing updates for free is because of the money they make from WOW. You guys might say that blizzard is going to let their series slip when I totally disagree because all the money helps them keep their other games up to date for free. Also the reason why they have WOW be their cash cow is because there are millions of naive people and its easy to get money from them xD

So ultimately, No I don't like the price, but don't make such bold statements that Blizzard will let there other series slip because they now have lots of money, when from a business stand point that makes no sense.

I do agree that SC2 is amazing, but honestly, WoW gives Blizzard enough money for their other games. I mean: 15 dollars a month times +/- 11 million subscribers. I dont know how much it costs to make WoW/SC2/Diablo 3 updates, but i dont really think it costs more 165 million.

I'm just saying that they are doing kinda ridicious to ask for more than double the price of a 1 month subscribion for something as simple as transferring someone or something to another server. If it was for every member of the guild, then sure, i can understand the price, but 35 dollars for ONLY the guild leader? With every member having to pay about 15/20 dollars to transfer aswell? That's where i call bullshit. All these services are so ridiciously expensive, they can easily make it alittle cheaper. Then probably people would be more acceptable to use them more, letting Blizzard get more money over time.

But that's just my opinion and thought. I will probably still buy Heart of the Swarm, because i enjoy SC2, even tho i suck at the multiplayer :P and MAAAAYBE Diablo 3, but i'm offically done with WoW, once SWTOR is here.

--

October 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WikkoSco

Sorry if I seemed complainy with my post. I was more so trying to say that I wouldn't be surprised if future stuff from Blizzard suffered a little quality just to get it out as a cashgrab game. I wasn't trying to say that it would definitely happen. And SC2 is great. :) And Clankio, I applied for your guild.:P

--

I'm only humble when I'm not being a smartass.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WikkoScoLPs

My site:http://indiependantgames.webs.com/

October 28, 2011 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clankio

WikkoSco at October 28, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Sorry if I seemed complainy with my post. I was more so trying to say that I wouldn't be surprised if future stuff from Blizzard suffered a little quality just to get it out as a cashgrab game. I wasn't trying to say that it would definitely happen. And SC2 is great. :) And Clankio, I applied for your guild.:P

Yay! A new minio... uhmmm, i mean a new guildie >.> Yes yes x3

Also apply on the offical guild site: http://tpc.swtorguildhosting.com/ :)

--

October 28, 2011 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.