BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Reviews > Samurai Sword Destiny (3DS)

Odinspack
Administrator

In case you haven't heard of this (don't blame you), this is a download title that came out January 2012 for 6 bucks. It's a side-scroller beat 'em up (kinda) that revolves around Japanese themes and whatnot.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, don't play this game. I'm tempted to leave my review like that but allow me to elaborate. I would first like to point out the length of this game. I beat it in 1h22m, and I imagine it could be done quicker than that. There are 6 stages broken up into a couple of levels each.

One type is the generic beat up everyone on the screen and advance stage, and the combat is nothing special. You get upgrades and some of the combos are pretty cool but pulling them off is tough and you'll probably spend your money upgrading your core stats than getting new moves.

The second type is actually cool, I'll give the game this. You run from left to right and you have to dodge boulders and slice at arrows (and then the archers firing them) in an almost rhythm-style game fashion. It's a nice change of pace, but there's only like 3 (maybe 4) of these stages. Pretty lame. Also your upgrades from the shop don't help you at all here (at least what I noticed).

One thing this game requires is grinding. I found myself stuck at one of this game's 3 bosses (also 1 mini-boss that becomes a generic enemy) and I had to replay the same level over and over again to get money. Boss fights were not good.

Alright, I'm done. Look the game up if you don't believe me but just save your time. I'm glad that I beat this game cause now I don't have to go back to it ever again. :P

--

February 17, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.