BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Reviews > Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)

Odinspack
Administrator

Man, I gotta say I don't know why I couldn't get into this game when it first came out on the Ambassador program. I wish I had this game when it originally came out on the Game Boy Advance. I'm just saying this now, 3rd best Kirby game (2nd being RtDL and 1st being KSS obviously).

This game is a Metroidvania style game, meaning you explore one big game divided into smaller sub-sections. But because this is a Kirby game, there isn't any upgrades preventing you from exploring wherever you want meaning you can tackle this game in any order that you choose. Only things to really unlock is a couple of shortcuts useful for getting around or getting 100% completion (I didn't do this).

So this game is pretty similar to The Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star, except if it were on steroids. There are tons of treasures to find and they'll unlock some neat things for you. Aside from finding the all important maps, you'll find max health upgrades, music/sound test items and spray paint in which you can change Kirby's colours (there's alot). It's a neat feature and I like it.

The power selection is enormous. This powers in this game function about halfway between Kirby's Adventure and Super Star, meaning that some powers have a couple of moves but most still just have one. One power that's really cool is called "Smash" and works pretty close to how Kirby controls in Super Smash Bros. Melee. On top of that, in order to use it you have to fight Master Hand! :P

So yes, if you have the Ambasador Program on your 3DS this is a title to check out. I mean you should check it out anyways, but seriously. Do it. 3rd best Kirby game.

--

February 15, 2014 at 3:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.