BOTemzUp

Where we are always drunk on games!

Forums

Forum Home > Gaming News > Super Smash Bros. 4 (Pic of the Day)

Odinspack
Administrator

I saw this done other places (namely on Critical Chicks) but I figured I'd do this here and perhaps get a discussion going about the new Smash Bros. Mainly spurred on by the Pic of the Day I saw which I think Blue is gonna love. 

Mother Brain! She's confirmed to be an assist trophy. Also why is Mario hangin' out behind her? 

--

February 7, 2014 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Nintendogs stage on 3DS. The TV appears to have Ness on it, or is my mind playing tricks on me? Doesn't help that everyone else is saying that too.

--

February 10, 2014 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Shows Lucario's Double Team, seems to be the same as it was in Brawl. Also shows Marth's Shield Breaker is still a stab. Neither of these seem to be surprising. :P

--

February 11, 2014 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Black home run bat! That's really it.

--

February 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! It shows Peach with a rainbow above her. Is this a new attack or is it being created by something else? Sakurai pointed out that tomorrow was Valentine's Day and that there was a Nintendo Direct on the same day, so it probably relates to that.

--

February 13, 2014 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TMSonic1228
Administrator

I'm calling it's just a placeholder until the Direct later. It's much too bland of a pic to be the day's pic. A reveal tonight and that pic will be switched to that of a likely character.

--

February 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pics of the day! Little Mac has joined the fight!

Mac has a power meter that will build up (if it's anything like Punch-Out it builds up by landing hits and not being hit). When this is full it will turn his B move into a one-hit KO punch!

--

February 14, 2014 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pics of the day! The first one shows off Mac's ground fighting and the second shows off his air. According to Sakurai he's not nearly as good in the air as on the ground. Makes sense.

--

February 17, 2014 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! It shows off a new item, a bottle containing a fairy from The Legend of Zelda series. According to Sakurai this heals fighters who have taken more than 100% damage. So I guess it does nothing if you're under? Also how much does it heal? Who knows.

--

February 18, 2014 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! It shows off the 3DS Nintendogs stage, and Sakurai points out that "The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale." A hint at Ridley, considering all the debates? Or just false hope?

--

February 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Shows off the height of Little Mac (compared to Samus). I mean, he isn't exactly standing straight up here, but at the very least he doesn't look as small as I had originally thought. This makes sense.

--

February 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Diddy Kong returns for Smash 4!

--

February 21, 2014 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Show's off Diddy's rocket-barrel jetpack and a pretty funny facial expression.

--

February 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pics of the day! Shows off two variants of the boxing ring stage. The first is a generic Smash Bros. one and the second is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A arena.

--

February 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! According to Sakurai, standard A button combos with multiple hits (such as Fox's) will transition into a finishing move at the end.

--

February 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Waluigi confirmed... as an assist trophy again! Kinda obvious, let's be real here.

--

February 27, 2014 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! The Poke Ball item is now home to another Pokemon you might just get when you throw it, Dedenne from Gen 6! Man, this thing really looks like a tiny Raichu. It's attack hits in an "X" pattern around it.

--

February 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! Koume & Kotake aka Twinrova appear as a stage hazard in the Gerudo Valley stage! Sorry this was late, this site wasn't loading the past couple of days.

--

March 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pics of the day! The Bumper item is back, with a new redesign. Sakurai confirmed that the Flipper item in Melee won't be making a return.

--

March 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odinspack
Administrator

New pic of the day! King Dedede is shown charging his Down-B move, which isn't as powerful (even fully charged) as the K.O. punch according to Sakurai. It must be really difficult to get Max to use the K.O. punch or why would you ever use anyone else?

--

March 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.